There are a few essentials that make for a more enjoyable Yosemite getaway, and your needs will vary depending on how adventurous you would like to be when you’re here. Whenever you are on a road trip through the great outdoors it’s best to carry plenty of drinking water and snacks and keep your gas tank topped off for those long stretches of scenic roads.
The closest gasoline to the west of Rush Creek Lodge can be found at the Yosemite Lakes Country Store & Gas Station 4 miles away. After that, more gas stations can be found approximately 22.5 miles away in the town of Groveland. Traveling east on Highway 120 the closest gasoline is 9.5 miles inside the Park at Crane Flat gas station.
- Park admission or your Park pass if you already have one. Visit the National Park Service site for the most current information on entrance fees and Park passes. You can even purchase your park pass online before you arrive here.
- Carrying a map is a good idea since satellite navigations systems don’t always get it right.
- Layered warm clothing including wind/rain jacket.
- Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses.
- Camera and binoculars.
Looking forward to some hiking? You should also bring:
- Small backpack with minimum 32 oz. water and snacks.
- Proper footwear – tennis shoes or hiking boots preferred, and make sure you break them in before you hit the trail for a big hike.
- If hiking to a stargazing vista off the property is on your list, remember your flashlight or headlamp.
Visiting in the winter? Make sure you have a look at our Winter Driving Information page.
In case you forget something, don’t worry. We’ve done our best to anticipate your needs with a variety of items available at our General Store & Gift Shop. Looking for affordable rentals? We’ve got all your adventure gear rental needs met with hiking poles, bicycles, backpacks, strollers, and more!
Got suggestions for other packing essentials? We welcome your comments at [email protected].