RUsh Creek Lodge and Spa are open
We are happily operating in keeping with recommended guidelines for health and safety.
- All allowable amenities are open, including our heated saltwater swimming pool, hot tubs, play areas, and professionally guided excursions
- Restaurant and Tavern indoor and outdoor dining and takeout are open
- Rush Creek’s new Spa offers private treatments and private day use for couples and small groups
- For more information on our lodge’s enhanced cleaning and service protocols, visit our Clean & Safe Program page
- Call or email us at (209) 379-2373 or [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns
Day Use Entry Reservations Needed to Enter Yosemite National Park
May 21 – September 30, 2021
Details are updated regularly on the Park Service’s website, and here are our key highlights at-a-glance, including exceptions to the program:
You only need to reserve a Day Use Entry Ticket if you want to drive your own vehicle into one of the Park’s four main entrances for a day visit. The Hetch Hetchy entrance in the northwest section of Yosemite is exempt from the program.
How to avoid the Day Use Entry Requirement:
- Participate in one of our professionally guided trips. Park admission fees and park access are included in our trips. Explore Options…
- Visit Yosemite’s stunningly beautiful, lesser-traveled Hetch Hetchy area in our northwest corner of the Park. Access is limited when parking fills, so the earlier you visit the better your options. On your way there and back you’ll pass by our sister property, Evergreen Lodge, a local’s favorite since 1921. Pop in for refreshments and to join in our Centennial Celebrations this year. Happy 100th Evergreen!
- Ride the clean and cushy yet affordable YARTS bus to/from the lodge to the Yosemite Valley Visitors Center. From June through August there are 3 stops daily at Rush Creek. (From May 17-31 and throughout September there is one stop daily.) Round-trip Adult fare is just $14, includes Park Admission, and an accompanying minor rides free with a paying Adult! Buy your ticket online in advance to guarantee your seat. Book Now…
- Embark on a wild adventure that includes a Wilderness permit or Half Dome permit, and no Day Use Ticket is required
Yosemite Day Use Entry Ticket Program
- Yosemite Day Use Entry Tickets can be purchased on recreation.gov
- Start by creating a recreation.gov account if you don’t already have one
- The bulk of Day Use Entry Tickets for the summer will be made available for purchase in April and May according to this schedule:
|Day Use Entry Dates||First Day Available to Purchase|
|May 21 – June 30||April 21|
|Last-minute 7-day advance purchase||May 14 – September 23|
- On the date that new blocks are released, tickets go on sale at 8am Pacific Time, and it’s best to purchase your Day Use Entry Ticket for “Yosemite National Park Ticketed Entry” online as far in advance as possible
- Last minute travelers: while most Day Use Entry Tickets will be sold in advance, each day the Park Service will release a small batch of tickets valid 7 days out. They are sold on a first-come first-served basis at recreation.gov and sell out quickly, so be sure to sign up for your recreation.gov account in advance and login promptly at 8am
- Even if you have a National Park Pass, you will need to reserve a Day Use Entry Ticket on recreation.gov in order to enter the park. You won’t have to pay the entrance fee a second time, just a $2 processing fee
- Park Entrance Passes are good for 3 days. This year visitors will NOT be required to validate at the entrance gate on the first day of their reservation
- Yosemite Valley’s free shuttle service is not operating this year
- At this time, we are not able to obtain passes for our guests to drive their own cars in/out of the park. Each vehicle must obtain their own pass at recreation.gov
If you would like to see/download/print our PDF with key information and step-by-step instructions, click here
Although the way in which we access the park these days is a bit different, Yosemite is as incredible as ever, and we can’t wait to share an amazing adventure with you.
Your friends at Rush Creek
We are doing our best to provide the most current and accurate information as quickly as possible, so please check back often. Or stay tuned on our Facebook page as we'll be posting there as well.